Are you ready to “Catch the Bug”? The bug is a truly fantastic and meaningful electronics learning activity. Finished bugs run around the floor with their own personality. They roam and explore by bumping into objects and finding new paths around the room. 10 bugs per package!
Bugs teach basic electronics through a physical interactive experience; an experience that yields deep and long lasting understanding. Electrical concepts have never made so much sense, or been so much fun.
Bugs have inspired countless students to pursue STEM careers. They have been found to drastically increase interest and enrollment in STEM courses, especially for girls.
Classes Using the Bug:
Technology, Engineering, Science, Vocational After School, Home
Ages 12 and above; Bugs are used from middle school to university levels
The Bug Activity...
- makes electrical concepts interesting and understandable
- appeals to a multitude of abilities, ages and knowledge levels
- allows students to work at their own level and pace
- challenges students to gain a higher level of understanding
- provides additional challenges for advanced students
- provides structure and support for students with limited understanding
- challenges and engages students like no other electronics project
- teaches electrical concepts using exciting physical feedback
- allows students to take ownership in the learning process, and take home the finished bug
- is surprisingly inexpensive
- Electrical Circuits
- Schematic Diagrams
- Soldering Techniques
Supplies Needed to Build a Bug: